Saturday, May 26, 2007

Road Trip To California - Day 5 (Grand Canyon, AZ to Las Vegas, NV )






So... today we woke up at 4:40 AM to get up and watch the sunrise from one of the many views around here... It proved to be a fun-filled morning, despite a rather uneventful and cloudless sunrise (except for the small cloud that hung out just over the sun for its first 30 minutes of risenness (not really a word I'm sure) of the day.... It was cool though, all four of us jumped some fences and hike down to some of the bluffs (Pictured above: Kacey, Will, and I are just under the word "here"...Hint: we are the small specks)... Don't worry, it wasn't really against the rules or that dangerous. There were already paths carved out where other people had done it before. It proved for some really fun video footage, as Will crawled up this crazy steep rock face... I attempted the same feat, got halfway, and backed down... Dude is crazy....

As one of the top pictures show, Will and I reenacted the scene from Titanic, where Jack and whatever here name is embraced at the bow of the ship... Quite hilarious might I add... It was totally my idea, I just told Will to stand up on the bars and shut up... Haha, he didn't get it for a second, until I went, "No, Jack, I'll never let go..." The responses around were Kacey (Will's sis) rolling her eyes at me as usual and muttering, "So stupid.." and Dad laughing, grabbing his camera to take some pics (as shown above), and perhaps a subconcious, "Crap, I hope my son really isn't gay..." Haha, naw, I'm joking about that last part, although.... I cannot read Dad's mind... Oh well... Anyway, we took off about 11 or so bound for Las Vegas...

In the meantime, we stopped at Hoover Dam, just 30 miles from Vegas... We ended up unintentionally getting a discounted tour of the place and got a lot of fun pictures... we went through the "guts" of the dam... with lots of videos and commentary beefing up the fact that apparently that President Hoover was God's gift to America, or perhaps the electrically-needy of southwest Pacific area... The political propaganda provoked a small bit of nausea, but hey it's cool... Anyway, the Hoover Dam (yes) is ridiculously huge... It was definitely a cool experience... Pictured above, all four of us are on top of the dam on the line between Arizona and Nevada (woot woot)....

Las Vegas was great fun! We checked in to Circus Circus Hotel... What is really funny/ironic is that Will's sis has clown-fobia... She flips out at clowns, it's crazy... Anyway, Will and I (more Will than I) toyed with her a lot of the time, since there were clowns everywhere, including a 100-foot one in front of the hotel... One of the first trucks we saw in the city is the one pictured... it cracks me up yet depresses me at the same time (I will save it for another day).... That night, we walked around in Vegas, through the Venetian, Treasure Island, and down the strip... It's amazing to me that a bunch of dang people are gathered together, partying in the middle of a dang desert!!! Anyway, we saw the Treasure Island ship-fight show (as pictured), complete ofcourse with lots of girls in lingerie... Anyway, it was great fun and definitely a cool experience...

No comments: